Application starting December 2020 until candidate found.
Context and environment: Institut Curie (https://institut-curie.org) is one of the largest European institutions for cancer research with strong interdisciplinary traditions. It also comprises a hospital specialized in cancer treatments, and therefore disposes of a continuum of expertise from basic research to patient care. The Project Manager position is opened in the Translational Immunotherapy (TransIM) team headed by Eliane Piaggio located in the SIRiC (Integrated Cancer Research) site, the Translational Research department and the Inserm “Immunity and Cancer” unit U932 of Institut Curie headed by Sebastian Amigorena (https://science.curie.fr/recherche/biologie-interactive-des-tumeurs-immunologie-environnement/immunite-et-cancer/equipe-piaggio-loirat/). Her main areas of interest are in the field of T cell responses (especially Tregs), resistance mechanisms to immune-checkpoint blockers, tumor neoantigens identification and tumor microenvironment. She has created in 2020, Egle Therapeutics, an Institut Curie spin-off exploiting her discoveries.
Position: 18 months under the supervision of Eliane Piaggio in Paris. Renewable.
Mission: Help the principal investigators (PI) in managing its translational research team dedicated to basic and applied immuno-oncology research conducted in collaboration with industrial, start-up & academic partners:
· For the scientific part, you will write with the PIs the scientific programs of collaborative projects, fill funding applications, organize and attend the team scientific meetings, write the minutes of some meetings, take care of the logistic aspects of human biological samples and deal with the platforms to obtain the results and reports needed during the projects.
· For the administrative part, you will review contracts, prepare submission to regulatory authorities, organize MTA & CDA signatures, prepare budgets, check compliance to ethical issues, and participate in staff hiring, all this with the help of the dedicated services of Institut Curie (Tech transfer, human resources, clinical research management departments) and in coordination with the other project managers of the unit.
You will also be in charge of:
· making the link between project partners
· ensuring smooth running of the programs (follow tasks, milestones, budget)
· finding new funding opportunities (calls, private or public partners)
· organizing the communication and IP protection on your projects
Candidate profile: Ph.D. in biology, ideally in immunology with experience in Tech Transfer or clinical research or at least strong interest in these topics, dedicated person that loves being helpful.
· With excellent writing skills in French and English
· Autonomous, proactive and able to adapt in a complex environment (French regulation)
· Good team spirit
How to apply: Please send a CV, a personal statement and contact details of at least two persons able to provide references to us (Please write PM TransIm in the mail title)
Durée du contrat : 18 mois
Statut : Cadre
Date de début prévue : 02/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
All is set to protect our staff from COVID.
- research: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)