A 2-year postdoctoral position is available in the Basophils, Mast cells and Immunopathology (BMI) team of the Centre for Research on Inflammation (CRI, INSERM U1149 CNRS ERL8252 University of Paris, Laboratoire d’Excellence INFLAMEX) at the Bichat Medical School, University of Paris, in Paris, France. The expected starting date is January, 1st 2022. This position is linked to a collaborative study with an industrial partner.
More about the position
The project will aim at defining the efficacy and the concerned immune pathways of innovative immunotherapies in autoimmune diseases. The team involved in this collaborative project has a long and productive history in deciphering various immune activation pathways in renal and non-renal autoimmune disorders (Charles et al., Immunity 2009, Nat Med 2010 and 2012; Dema et al., J Exp Med 2014; Pellefigues, Dema et al., Nat Commun 2018; Lamri et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2021). The project is based on a translational approach and will require the analysis of Human patient samples and the use of animal models.
Qualification requirements and skills
The candidate holds a PhD in immunology or related subjects, with a strong background in immunology and immune-related disorders.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Experience and required accreditations for animal experimentation
- Experience with flow cytometry and FACS data analysis
- Experience with dissection and tissue processing in mouse models
- Experience with cell sorting from biological samples
- Experience with qPCR, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence on tissues
- High level report writing and presentational skills
We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate ready to work in a rigorous but extremely human environment.
The application must include
- Cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and other qualifying activities)
- A complete list of publications with brief statements of candidate contributions
- List of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
Special emphasis will be placed on the documented qualifications, as well as the candidate’s motivation and personal suitability.
The application should be submitted to Dr Nicolas Charles ([email protected]).