A postdoc position (18 months) is available in the Innovation Mucosal Immunology research group at Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, Lyon, France. The research group focuses on understanding the cellular and humoral immune responses to infection and vaccination at mucosal surfaces.
The research focuses on mechanisms of the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) in dogs.
We offer an interesting opportunity in an innovative environment which encumbers collaborations with colleagues from different backgrounds, i.e. virology, formulation, DVMs.
We seek a highly motivated, dynamic and hardworking individual that exhibits excellent communication skills as well as both, the ability to work independently and enjoys contributing and working within a team.
Responsibilities and tasks
Under the direction of the director, the incumbent will independently carry out activities including laboratory research and maintain close communications within the project team (technical developments, experimental settings…)
- Guides research projects through experimental design, executions of the experiments, and analysis of data
- Maintains detailed documentation of the experimental work
- Presents data within and outside of the research group at meetings and symposia
- Works closely within the team and eventually with outside collaborators
- Mentors students and technicians
- Writes, edits, and submits manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the studies
- Demonstrates integrity, excellence, accountability, and teamwork in all interactions
- In addition to project the successful candidate is expected to work closely alongside with other members of the team/other teams in a collaborative spirit.
Candidates should have a PhD degree in immunology, preferred in dogs. 2 years’ experience in a postdoctoral position or equivalent is needed. The postdoctoral applicant should have an extensive experience with immunological techniques required for this project (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA/ELISpot, cell culture techniques) for the analysis of cellular and humoral responses.
Some experience in immunohistochemistry, molecular biology is a plus (qRT-PCR, RNA/DNA purification, transcriptome analysis, sequencing, single cell RNA sequencing). Fluid English is needed in an international environment.
Starting date: as soon as possible.